Here Comes Fall…
With the chilly weather comes the busiest time at the Foundation as we kick off our annual fall fundraising campaign. We’ve been doing lots of planning over the summer to ensure that we can raise as much funding as possible for our student educational and co-curricular programs. Our goal this year is $350,000 in funding and to increase parent participation from 6% to 8%. No gift is too small and EVERY dollar counts.
We are THRILLED to announce that because of donors like you, we have just surpassed the $100,000 mark and are well on our way. Our donation letter should have hit your mailbox late last week and we are very grateful to those of you who have sent in the requested $400 per student. You can also donate TODAY via our donation page at http://fuhsfoundation.org/donations/how/. THANK YOU!
How else can you help?
- Sign up for eScrip. eScrip is a simple way to support our students. Simply click on this link - https://secure.escrip.com/supporter/registration/index.js to register your cards. Be sure to designate funding to the Fremont Union High School Foundation, identification #5108787. You can also split your donation among three nonprofit organizations, so if you have kids in multiple schools, you won’t have to choose among them.
- Join us for dinner! Pasta Pomodoro will donate 20% of each check on Thursday, October 16th. Please present this flier to your server. On Tuesday, October 21st, Aqui in Cupertino will also donate 20% to the Foundation. Simply mention that you are supporting the Foundation’s community night when you place your order.
All donations are tax deductible and our tax identification number is 94-2907804.
Just let us know if you have any questions and best wishes for a fabulous school year.
In June, the Board of Directors unanimously approved funding of $245,000 of the following programs
for the 2014-2015 school year.
Thank you to our incredible parent community for your generosity.
- Art Show – $8,000 - District-wide art show
- Athletics – $25,000 - Equipment costs
- “Challenge Day” Program – $41,000 - This experiential program confronts issues such as isolation, stereotypes and bullying and helps students to celebrate diversity. This program is funded in partnership with the Cupertino Rotary.
- “Design Thinking” for Teachers – $10,000 - Design Thinking is a method of innovative problem solving that begins with deep understanding of the needs and desires of the client or user.
- Drama – $10,000 - Prop and costume expenses
- Journalism – $17,500 - Newspaper printing costs
- Robotics – $20,000 - Equipment/competition entry fees
- STEM – $50,000 - Science, technology, engineering and math curriculum and supplies
- Student Planners – $20,000 - Student organizers for assignments
- School Loop & Naviance – $28,500 - Online tools to help students manage assignments and college planning
- Endowment Fund – $15,000