Please join us for our annual Crab Feed & Vegetarian Feast fundraiser!
Friday, April 3rd, 2015 – 5:30 – 8:00 PM at De Anza College
Tickets are $45 in advance, $55 at the door
$550 for reserved table for 10, includes two bottles of wine
Enjoy a delicious all you can eat meal, door prize, and silent auction.
And don’t forget to purchase a raffle ticket to win a beautiful pair of diamond and peridot earrings, graciously donated by Vardy’s Jewelers in Cupertino.
Spring Has Sprung!
What a wonderful kickoff to our Annual Giving Campaign! By now, you should have received your annual donation letter, requesting $400 per student. We are thrilled to report that we have just surpassed $235,000 in total donations but still need your help so we can donate as much as possible back into our schools. Our goal this year is $350,000 in funding and to increase parent participation from 6% to 8%. No gift is too small and EVERY dollar counts.
Our Board Members will be reaching out to those of you have not yet had a chance to make your donation over the next two weeks. If you would like to make a donation today please visit our donation page at http://fuhsfoundation.org/donations/how/. THANK YOU!
How else can you help?
- Sign up for eScrip – eScrip is a simple way to support our students. Simply click on this link – https://secure.escrip.com/supporter/registration/index.js to register your cards. Be sure to designate funding to the Fremont Union High School Foundation, identification #5108787. You can also split your donation among three nonprofit organizations, so if you have kids in multiple schools, you won’t have to choose among them.
- Volunteer! The Foundation is always looking for parents who are interested in joining a committee or the Board of Directors. Please let us know if you would like to help out.
- Host us at your PTSA Meeting – The Foundation is always looking for opportunities to meet and exchange ideas with our parents. If you’d like a Foundation representative to join you, please let us know.
- Sponsor the Foundation – If you work for a local company and would like to sponsor the Foundation, marketing benefits are available on a year-round basis. Sponsorship opportunities range from $1,000-$25,000.
- Attend the Crab Feed & Vegetarian Feast on April 3, 2015 – Tickets are $45 in advance and $55 in advance and are on sale now! Click the link on the left to purchase your ticket TODAY…before they sell out. We hope to see you there!
All donations are tax deductible and our tax identification number is 94-2907804.
In June, the Board of Directors unanimously approved funding of $245,000 of the following programs
for the 2014-2015 school year.
Thank you to our incredible parent community for your generosity.
- Art Show – $8,000 – District-wide art show
- Athletics – $25,000 – Equipment costs
- “Challenge Day” Program – $41,000 – This experiential program confronts issues such as isolation, stereotypes and bullying and helps students to celebrate diversity. This program is funded in partnership with the Cupertino Rotary.
- “Design Thinking” for Teachers – $10,000 – Design Thinking is a method of innovative problem solving that begins with deep understanding of the needs and desires of the client or user.
- Drama – $10,000 – Prop and costume expenses
- Journalism – $17,500 – Newspaper printing costs
- Robotics – $20,000 – Equipment/competition entry fees
- STEM – $50,000 – Science, technology, engineering and math curriculum and supplies
- Student Planners – $20,000 – Student organizers for assignments
- School Loop & Naviance – $28,500 – Online tools to help students manage assignments and college planning
- Endowment Fund – $15,000