Foundation President Don Mackenzie presented Homestead High School Principal Graham Clark with a check for $23,200 at the February 15th Board of Trustees meeting held at Homestead High School. This symbolic check represents the Foundation’s financial contribution to the school for the most recent year.
Foundation Funded Programs and Projects
In June, the Board of Directors unanimously approved funding of $245,000 of the following programs
for the 2014-2015 school year.
Thank you to our incredible parent community for your generosity.
- Art Show – $8,000 – District-wide art show
- Athletics – $25,000 – Equipment costs
- “Challenge Day” Program – $41,000 – This experiential program confronts issues such as isolation, stereotypes and bullying and helps students to celebrate diversity. This program is funded in partnership with the Cupertino Rotary.
- “Design Thinking” for Teachers – $10,000 – Design Thinking is a method of innovative problem solving that begins with deep understanding of the needs and desires of the client or user.
- Drama – $10,000 – Prop and costume expenses
- Journalism – $17,500 – Newspaper printing costs
- Robotics – $20,000 – Equipment/competition entry fees
- STEM – $50,000 – Science, technology, engineering and math curriculum and supplies
- Student Planners – $20,000 – Student organizers for assignments
- School Loop & Naviance – $28,500 – Online tools to help students manage assignments and college planning
- Endowment Fund – $15,000