FUHSF Board Chair, Maria Segal, with Lynbrook HS Principal, Maria Jackson
Foundation Funded Programs and Projects
In June, the Board of Directors unanimously approved funding of $245,000 of the following programs
for the 2014-2015 school year.
Thank you to our incredible parent community for your generosity.
- Art Show – $8,000 – District-wide art show
- Athletics – $25,000 – Equipment costs
- “Challenge Day” Program – $41,000 – This experiential program confronts issues such as isolation, stereotypes and bullying and helps students to celebrate diversity. This program is funded in partnership with the Cupertino Rotary.
- “Design Thinking” for Teachers – $10,000 – Design Thinking is a method of innovative problem solving that begins with deep understanding of the needs and desires of the client or user.
- Drama – $10,000 – Prop and costume expenses
- Journalism – $17,500 – Newspaper printing costs
- Robotics – $20,000 – Equipment/competition entry fees
- STEM – $50,000 – Science, technology, engineering and math curriculum and supplies
- Student Planners – $20,000 – Student organizers for assignments
- School Loop & Naviance – $28,500 – Online tools to help students manage assignments and college planning
- Endowment Fund – $15,000