About the Fremont Union High School Foundation
Board of Directors 2019-2020
- Loy Oppus Moe, Co-President
- Rita Allen, Co-President
- Barathi Balakrishnan, Secretary
- Kelly Wissmar, Treasurer
- Benaifer Dastoor, Vice President
- Hung Wei, Vice President
- Polly Bove, Superintendent
- Manisha Anarkat
- Parth Bharwad
- Leyina Chen
- Cynthia Cheung
- Myoung Kang
- Hairong Kuang
- Brad Loos
- Yifan Mao
- Tricia Murphy
- Roy Rocklin
- Swaminathan Sundararaman
- Sanusi Tandun
- Liyan Zhao
- Sonia Parikh, Student
Fremont Union High Schools Foundation is an independent non-profit organization promoting educational excellence across our five high schools: Cupertino, Fremont, Homestead, Lynbrook and Monta Vista.
If you support public education and would like to explore the possibility of joining our working board, please click here.
Serving on this Board is a great way to give back to the schools that benefitted my kids. In addition, I have the opportunity to work with very intelligent and dedicated people. It’s been a wonderful learning experience for me.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does the Foundation fund at my school?
- Academic Enrichment (Robotics Teams, Visual and Performing Arts)
- Student Support Services (SchoolLoop to facilitate communications between home and school)
- College and Career Readiness (Naviance online portal to help with college planning and research, resume building workshop, mock interviews, job/internship fair)
What is the current donation amount requested and is it tax deductible?
The Foundation currently suggests a $400 donation per student per school year and donations of any amount are greatly appreciated. All donations are tax-deductible and our tax identification number is 94-2907804.
Double your impact! Check if your employer will match your donation.
What if I can't donate the suggested amount?
Does my donation really matter?
Your financial support allows the Foundation to support exceptional educational experiences that students, colleges and employers value in our community.
When all students benefit, our whole community benefits. And as we know, there is a direct, positive correlation between extraordinary schools and property values.