Parent Resource Network – Diversity & Inclusion Resources
We are a diverse community and as such, have a special obligation to listen to each other’s stories and understand one another. Our hope is that by sharing these resources, we all take the time to educate ourselves about the struggles of others.
Do you have a story you’d like to share about your experiences? Please send it to PRN@fuhsfoundation.org. We’ll be in touch.
Resources to help you start the conversation
- Anti-Racism Resources for Parents and Kids
- Teaching Tolerance
- 100 Race Conscious Things You Can Say to Your Child
- Article: First, Listen. Then, Learn
- Common Sense Media Resources About Race and Racism
- 5 Ways to Show Up for Racial Justice Today
- George Floyd, Racism and Law Enforment (English and Spanish)
- CNN / Sesame Street Racism Town Hall
- Powerful piece by Erik Ward that includes specific actions that individuals can take now: Authoritarian State or Inclusive Democracy? 21 Things We Can Do Right Now (5/31/20, Medium.com)
- 75 Things White People Can Do for Racial Justice by Corinne Shutack (8/13/17, Medium.com)
- The Basics of Black Lives Matter – and Why You Need to Act Today by Bernard Meyer
- How to be an Antiracist by Ibram X Kendi (This is a link to Amazon to purchase the book. Please use Smile.Amazon.com and support the Foundation!)