What We Fund
While government funding covers the basics, donations from parents and community enable supplemental programs that enhance our students’ educational experience — from STEM to applied arts and performing arts, to athletics and Robotics, plus college readiness programs.
The Foundation was once again able to allocate $410,000 to support our students!
Programs Funded for Our Schools
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) classes at all five schools
- Direct Grants to Teachers for equipment and innovative programs
- Robotics equipment and competition entry fees
- Journalism Support for school newspapers
- District-Wide Art Show to showcase our students’ talents in the visual arts
- Choral Festival to showcase our students’ talents in the performing arts
- Teacher Summer Work Teams – curriculum collaboration
- Schoology – online student/parent/teacher communication tool
- Teacher preparation for distance learning
- Parent Resource Network – resources to support parents and students, parent education programs
- Mental health services for students
College and Career Readiness
- Naviance for career assessment and help with the college application process
- Resume writing and mock interview workshops with BAYCO (see Student Groups)
- Annual job fair
In addition to the District Wide Programs, the Foundation funded these projects, equipment, and supplies through our Teacher Grants Program
- Theater arts equipment
- Cooking classes for health and independence
- DNA model
- Interactive whiteboard
- Art supplies
- Yabla – a Spanish Immersion tool
- Culturally diverse books for school libraries
- Athletic safety equipment
Principal Bryan Emmert asks you to support the Foundation.
Fremont Art Teacher, Catherine Zweig, introduces several art students. The Foundation funded a grant for take-home art kits.
Dear FUHS Foundation,
We would like to thank you for your generous donation of $7,000 to each of the five FUHSD robotics programs. The FUHS Foundation’s continuous support has made an impact on each of our members’ lives.
Thank you so, so much for helping us build this wonderful community and friendships that last lifetimes.