What We Fund
While government funding covers the basics, donations from parents and community enable supplemental programs that enhance our students’ educational experience — from STEM to applied arts and performing arts, to athletics and Robotics, plus college readiness programs.
The Foundation proudly presented the District with our largest gift to date – $365,000 !
Programs Funded for Our Schools
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) classes at all five schools
- Direct Grants to Teachers for equipment and innovative programs
- Robotics equipment and competition entry fees
- Journalism Support for school newspapers
- District-Wide Art Show to showcase our students’ talents in the visual arts
- Choral Festival to showcase our students’ talents in the performing arts
- Teacher Summer Work Teams – curriculum collaboration
- Schoology – online student/parent/teacher communication tool
- Teacher preparation for distance learning
- Parent Resource Network – resources to support parents and students, parent education programs
College and Career Readiness
- Naviance for career assessment and help with the college application process
- College Essay Writing Workshops
- Resume writing and mock interview workshops with BAYCO (see Student Groups)
For more detail about what the Foundation funds at each school, click on the school links below.
Robotics has been a huge part of my high school experience. I’ve learned a lot of technical skills, as well as how to work in a team and communicate well with others.
Bay Area Youth Career Opportunities is a Foundation-sponsored student group that focuses on career preparation. Visit their website at bayco.co.
Foundation Student Organization
The Foundation Student Organization is the student arm of the FUHS Foundation. FSO is made up of a group of students committed to raising awareness about the Foundation.